Pimples also said to be pustules are a type of acne. Just about anywhere on your body pimple’s can develop at any point of time. However, when we talk about pimple on lip, it can be one of the worst things for any individual.
Indeed, people are struggling from the question”How to get rid of pimple on lip” and are clueless in the present date.
Well, If you are suffering from pimple on lip line and not able to find a solution, we are here to help you out. We know the stress and pain it feels whenever we have pimple on inner lip or outer ones.
Therefore, we have done the research to get rid of bump on lip. Yes, every single remedy is simple, easy and won’t consume much time.
So, without wasting any time, let’s move ahead and discover some of the best ways to get rid of pimple on your lip.
Before that, let’s take a glance so as to what causes pimple on Lip. This will definitely give a clearer idea to “how to treat pimple on lip?” more easily and effortlessly.
What Are the Causes of Pimple on Lip?
credits: Medical News Today
The major cause of getting a pimple on lip is due to the clogging of the hair follicle due to various contaminants, pollutants, and impurities.
These impurities further turn into a breeding ground for bacteria which may cause pimple on lip.
When it comes to pimple on lip, other than hair follicles getting trapped, there are many other causes of small bump on lip as well.
Causes of Pimple on Lip
- People who have oily skin are more prone to getting pimple on lip as their skin is more prone to acne due to oil clogging the pores.
- Pimple on lip may be caused as a result of the reaction of a product which you have used on your lip which could be a cosmetic, something that you ate, etc.
- One of the major causes of red bump on lip can also be the using of expired products on your lips including lip balms or any other makeup products
- Sometimes hormonal changes may also lead to causing of pimple on lip line
- Environmental pollutants which are present around us are also sometimes responsible for clogging of pores on our lips
- When you use low-quality makeup products which may be constituted of harmful chemicals, they may easily trigger the formation of pimple on your lip
- Threading and waxing are other major causes of pimple on my lip because they may cause irritation of skin and lead to this
- Smoking, stress, poor personal hygiene, and using of toothpaste with fluoride are other causes of pimple on upper lip
Some of these factors are under your control, however, for another half, you might want to read on to find out how to get rid of bump on inside of lip as well as outside.
We have listed down some of the best home remedies for getting rid of pimple on your lip.
How to Get Rid of Pimple on Lip
1. Hot or Cold Compress
Ice is known to reduce the swelling on the affected area due to the pimple on lip and also constricts the glans which produce oil in your skin.
This results in flushing out all the excess oil and also the bacteria which usually hamper the inflamed glands.
On the other hand, the hot compress works in a similar way as well and helps in removing white pimple on lip.
It also reduces the swelling and along with that enhances the flow of blood to the site which has been affected with pimple.
How to Use a Hot and Cold Compress for Pimple on Lip?
- Take an ice cube and place it in a towel.
- Press the towel against the pimple for a few minutes.
- Repeat the process for 5 to 10 times depending on your threshold.
- For hot compress, dip a towel in hot water.
- Remove the excess water and place it on the pimple on lip
Precaution: Do not place ice directly on your face. Always have a cloth or towel in between as direct placing of ice on your skin may harm your skin.
2. Castor Oil for Bump on Lip
Castor oil helps in cleansing and unclogging of pores by absorbing the impurities which are present in the pores.
This helps in reducing the impurities which are caught in the pores and are responsible for causing pimple on lip.
Along with that, castor oil also has anti-bacterial properties which helps in getting rid of acne as bacteria is one of the major causes of pimple on lip.
How to Use Castor Oil for Pimple on the Lip?
- Add castor oil to coconut oil or basil oil. Both of these oils also have antibacterial properties so your healing process will have a double effect now.
- Mix everything properly and apply the solution on your pimple on lip
- Let it say overnight. Do not massage a lot as lips have sensitive skin
- Wash it off in the morning.
- Weight Loss Drinks: Top 15 Drinks Which Helps Lose Weight Fast
- Best Green Tea For Weight Loss (TOP 8) Best Brands of 2018-2019
3. Lemon Juice for Pimple on Lip
This is one of the most common methods to treat acne and also white bump on lip.
Lemon juice consists of citric acid which renders a lot of antibacterial properties.
This helps in eliminating the bacteria which are responsible for the causing of acne and pimple on lip.
Also, lemon juice combines astringent properties which constrict the tissues of the body and expel the excess of oil which is present on the skin.
How to Get Rid of Pimple on Lip with Lemon Juice?
- Squeeze half a lemon in a glass bowl to take out its juice
- Dip a cotton swab or cotton ball in the juice
- Apply the swab on your pimple on lip
- Let it dry on its own
- You may or may not wash it off. It is on you.
- However, if you have sensitive skin, then you must make sure that you dilute the lemon juice with honey or water
- Also, do not rub it off too much on your lips because it can damage the skin of lips.
4. Turmeric for Pimple on Lower Lip/Upper Lip
Turmeric, as we all know, is one of the best home remedies for acne and pimples.
The reason behind this is that turmeric is extremely rich in antimicrobial, antiviral, and antibacterial properties.
It helps in the healing of your bump on upper lip in no time at all and does not leave any scar behind.
How to Use Turmeric for Pimple on Lip?
- Take some turmeric powder in a bowl
- Add water to the powder to make a paste
- Apply this paste on your pimple and let it stay for as long as possible
- You can also let it stay for overnight
- Rinse it off when it dries off completely.
- You can repeat this paste twice a day.
5. Honey for Lip Pimple on your Lip
Honey is rich in antibacterial properties which helps in lowering the pH of the affected area. This helps in reducing the effect of bacteria on the affected area as it creates an unsuitable atmosphere for bacteria. This will eventually dry out your bump on upper lip.
How to Use Honey for Bump on Lip?
- It is better that you use raw honey or organic honey or this process
- All that you have to do is apply a thick layer of honey on your lips where there is pimple and then let it stay for a while.
- You can also let it stay overnight, or wash it off when it dries completely.
6. Tomato Juice for White Pimple on Lip
Tomato juice contains organic acids which are combined of antibacterial properties.
It is also rich in Vitamin C which helps in repairing the skin cells which are damaged on the affected site. T
Thus, tomato juice helps in unclogging of pores which are responsible for pimple on upper lip.
How to Use Tomato Juice to Clear Bump on Lip”?
- Take a small sized tomato and cut it into small pieces.
- Then take a grinder and mash all the pieces
- Apply the pulp of this mash on the pimple on your lip and let it dry on its own
- You can then rinse it off after about ten minutes
- The rest of the pulp which remains can be stored in a refrigerator to use during the day.
What are the Precautions to Take to Avoid a Bump on Lip?
credits: Beauty Heaven
- Drink a lot of water. Dry lips can be a problem. If your lips are hydrated, toxins will stay away and clogging of pores will no more be an issue for you. Thus, it will keep you in optimum health and you will have no more pimple on lip.
- Keep yourself in proper hygiene. Make sure you wash your face properly. Wipe your mouth after eating and do not touch your face or lips with dirty hands all the time.
- Use a toothpaste which does not have fragrance. Fragrance in toothpaste is an indication that it has chemicals which can be harmful to your lips.
- Exfoliate your lips with a lip scrub once in a while. Exfoliating will help your lips get rid of the impurities which are caught in the clogs of your lips. Thus, make sure exfoliate your lips every time you exfoliate your face as well.
- Never use expired makeup products, cosmetics, lip balms, or anything else which can be harmful to your lips.
- Use makeup which is made of natural ingredients as they do not have a chemical formulation which is helpful in the long term.
Acne and pimple on top lip or anywhere on the face can be a hindrance to your face looking just perfect.
Also, they are a sign of impurities or bacteria clogged on your skin which is something that you will never want to flaunt.
Thus, it is always best if you take time for yourself and get rid of that ugly bump on lip line.
Finally, if you liked our remedies to get rid of pimple on lip, don’t forget to like and share our article.