Dealing with acne on forehead can be quite irritating and frustrating. It makes your dream of having flawless skin almost impossible by making appearances every now and then. No matter what amount of makeup you apply, forehead acne constantly keeps on coming.
Therefore, if you are also tired of hiding behind your forehead acne and these reddish bumps, you have come to the right place.
We have listed down some of the most useful and secret home remedies for forehead acne which will help you in getting rid of the same.
However, before we begin, it is essential to understand the different forehead acne causes so as treating and curing it can become better.
Read on to find out some of the best home remedies for forehead acne and start curing them all at once. Therefore, before digging in the causes, here is what you need to know about forehead acne meaning.
What does Forehead Acne mean?
Forehead acne is the developing of red bumps or pimples in an accumulated manner due to breaking out of the skin or toxic accumulation in the body.
This may turn into a severe skin condition if not treated properly. Read on to find out the various possible causes of forehead acne.
What Causes Forehead Acne?
credits: Medical News Today
There are a lot of causes which are related to forehead acne. However, we have listed down some of the most prominent ones which will make it easy for you to understand how you can prevent them or at least treat them.
- Clogging of pores is one of the significant causes of forehead acne. Our skin has tiny pores which usually get clogged with sebum, dirt, pollution, and other things as well which may cause forehead acne.
- Accumulation of bacteria on the forehead is also one of the other causes of forehead acne. These are acne-causing bacteria which fill inside the pores on our skin and infect it. This results in the causing of forehead acne.
- The other reason which can trigger forehead acne is stress. During stress, our body experiences various hormonal outbursts which may result in causing of forehead acne.
- Using makeup or skin care products which have gotten expired, or are not suiting your skin may also be the cause of forehead acne.
- Dandruff is also one of the significant causes of forehead acne
- Forehead acne is also caused by poor hygiene. If you do not bathe daily, or do not wash your hands or do not take hair was regularly then, forehead acne may be caused
- Touching your face with hands which have not been washed or in general may cause forehead acne
- Sometimes, a few kinds of medications such as barbiturates, steroids, etc. may also enhance the condition
- Hair products can also cause forehead acne
These are some of the major causes of acne bump on forehead. Read on to find out how to get rid of forehead acne.
How to Get Rid of Acne on Forehead?
Below are some of the best home remedies and natural treatments to treat acne on forehead.
1.Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera gel is compiled of various active components which contain anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties.
These properties help in treating acne on forehead. Also, since this gel is a natural ingredient, it does not have any adverse effect on the skin. Even people with sensitive skin can use it on their face.
How to Get Rid of Acne on Forehead with Aloe Vera Gel?
- Take a spoon of freshly scooped gel and apply it on the acne on the forehead.
- Let it stay for as long as you can
- Do not touch the affected area often
- You can do the same three times a day
- Do not go for packaged aloe Vera gel.
2.Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree essential oil is rich in anti-inflammatory properties and also helps in the healing of acne on forehead.
The nature of tea tree oil is antibacterial and also helps in fighting off the bacteria that causes forehead acne.
Can’t-Miss: Get Rid of Pimples on Forehead, The FASTEST WAY
How to Clear Forehead Acne using Tea Tree Oil?
- Add a few drops of tea tree essential oil in a carrier oil
- You can use coconut oil or any other oil that suits your skin
- Baby oil, argan oil, and olive oil also work effectively
- Apply the oil mix on the affected area of the forehead and let it stay overnight
- Wash it off in the morning
- Do not use a harsh cleanser or face wash
3.Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar consists of powerful anti-inflammatory properties as well as antibacterial properties.
It helps in reducing the activity of bacteria which enhances forehead acne and also prevents it from occurring again. Also, VInegar helps in the healing of the skin.
How to Cure Acne Scar on Forehead Using Apple Cider Vinegar?
- Add equal parts of apple cider vinegar and water in a spray bottle
- Spray the mix on your face or forehead once in a day
- You can also use it as a toner
- Make sure that you do not bring this in contact with your eyes
- You can also use a cotton pad if you are not comfortable with spraying it
- Use it once daily
- You can include it in your morning skin care routine as well
- Consuming the vinegar is also helpful in the detoxifying body which reduces acne
4.Lemon or Lime Juice
Lemon is a great source of Vitamin C. Vitamin C helps reduce inflammation and also killing the bacteria which gets accumulated in the body.
You can apply it topically and also consume it daily to see useful results. Lemon juice works wonderfully against acne on Forehead.
How to Reduce Adult Acne on Forehead using Lemon Juice?
- Squeeze out a tablespoon of fresh lime juice
- Take a cotton ball or cotton pad and dip it in the juice
- Apply it on your forehead acne and let it dry on its own
- After it gets dried, you can wash it off
- You can also let it stay for as long as you want
- Make sure that you do not apply it on cuts or open wounds as it may ting
- Also, if you have sensitive skin, you can add honey in it
- You can use it each day
- Do not scrub or massage it a lot on your skin. A simple application is required.
5. Green Tea Extract
It also helps in the reduction of sebum which is secreted by the oil glands.
Sebum is one of the significant causes of forehead acne as it clogs the pores. Lastly, Green tea helps in combating forehead acne this way.
How to Treat Acne Scars Using Green Tea Extract?
- Take a used green tea bag while it is still warm
- Apply it on the affected areas and let it seep in
- You can also consume green tea daily to see useful results
- If you are using a new green tea bag, then make sure it is warm
- Do not use it while it is too hot as it may cause burn on your skin
- You can consume green tea twice a day. Do not overconsume the tea as it also has caffeine which may cause dizziness
Honey also has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It helps in fighting forehead acne.
Honey is also great for sensitive skin as it does not have any side effects unless your allergic to it. It is always better to use raw honey or organic honey as it has more effect than usual.
How to Get Rid of Forehead Acne with Honey?
- Apply honey on your forehead and let it stay
- You can wash it off after it dries as it may get sticky.
- Honey is a very mild ingredient, and you can use it every day also as many times as you want.
- Honey also has many other benefits along with combating forehead acne
Tomato is rich in Vitamin C and also help in the reduction of inflammation. The topical application of tomato juice helps in reducing forehead acne as well.
How to Get Rid of Acne Bump on Forehead with Tomato?
- Cut a fresh tomato in two pieces
- Rub the inside of the tomato on your forehead
- Let it stay for about twenty minutes
- Wash off later
- You can also use it as an overnight treatment.
Wrapping Things Up
Above given are some of the best remedies which will help you in getting rid of the acne on your forehead. Other than that, it is vital to maintain your hygiene and take these remedies for yourself regularly.
Natural remedies are the right way to go for forehead acne as you can use them every day and get rid of forehead acne, right from their roots.